Frequently asked questions
Whether you’re just beginning your research about retirement lifestyles, or you’ve been looking into this for a while now, you’re sure to have a few questions. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions we get about Independent Retirement Living in general and Charles Manor Retirement in particular. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us — we’re here to make your life easier in any way we can.
Charles Manor provides rental accommodation with services and amenities for seniors who can live independently with minimal to moderate support and are able to fund the lifestyle on their own. There is the flexibility to choose your type of suite, the services you need and the activities you want to participate in.
Long-term care facilities (such as homes for the aged and nursing homes) are designed for people who require the availability of 24-hour nursing care and supervision, sometimes within a secure setting. It is a place of residence for people who require continual nursing care and have significant difficulty coping with the required activities of daily living.
Charles Manor chefs use the freshest, highest quality ingredients around. We pride ourselves on our high standard of quality cooking, prepared from basic ingredients without pre-mixed or prepared foods. We make our meals from scratch with local produce. This is your home, and you deserve home cooked meals.
Charles Manor offers a wide variety of activities and our goal is to provide life-enriching activities. Our objective is to provide life-enriching activities and events that will benefit our residents in every aspect of living — physically, intellectually, socially, emotionally, creatively, and vocationally. Coordinating opportunities for residents to discover purpose and passion through participating and volunteering, enriching their lives as well as those they serve.
While market rents at a retirement residence may vary by location and suite size, Charles Manor offers an affordable and enriching lifestyle. Our turnkey lifestyle solutions are all based on one affordable monthly rent – which start as low as $1650 per month. No expensive buy-in fees and no long term leases. Our agreements are all on a short-term or month-to-month basis, so we earn the right to serve you one day at a time, month after month, year after year.
Charles Manor is pleased to provide a state-of-the-art wireless emergency response system. Should you require assistance during a medical emergency our staff can respond immediately and dispatch the appropriate help you need 24/7.
Charles Manor encourages its residents to make their living space their own. Feel free to bring all the comforts, furnishings and décor of your current home to Charles Manor. You can even decorate your entrance to show off your individual style, allowing visiting friends and family to easily find your suite.
Pets are welcome to visit with an accompanied owner on-leash during the day.
- 2 meals daily (lunch & dinner)
- Continental breakfast daily
Common Areas and Services
- Our elegant dining room and patio area
- Cozy lounge with big-screen television
- On-site hair salon
- Library, multi-purpose activity and games room
- Private suites with 3-piece bathrooms
- Individual in-suite heating and air conditioning; pre-wired for phone, cable, and internet
- Fire alarm, sprinkler system, smoke detectors and emergency lighting
Comfort and Convenience
- Nutritious, home-cooked lunch and dinner choices prepared daily with fresh ingredients
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- 24-hour medical alert system and wireless emergency response
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Guest suites available
- Scooter parking and storage units available
Recreational Programs and Activities
- Daily social, cultural and recreational activities
- Exercise, fitness and wellness programs
- Creative pursuits (arts, crafts, knitting, painting and drawing)
- Community and bus outings
- Hydro, gas & water all included in your rent
“I would (and have) really recommend Charles Manor. All staff are very helpful and at our age it’s important to have someone to count on. I love it here, everyone is so kind and it’s so nice to not worry about looking after details. I enjoy cards, the happy hours, and parties with entertainment.”